At MacDermid Lamarsh we provide legal representation and advice to employers and employees on all aspects of employment law.
Our employment team has extensive experience working with employers and employees, allowing us to bring a unique perspective in advising our clients and assisting them to resolve employment-related disputes.
We appreciate that the employment relationship are of the most long-lasting and important relationships people have. We know that our clients need practical and caring advice for their particular situations and problems. Whether you are an individual, or a business, we will work with you to build a strategy that meets your needs. We will explain the steps in the legal process at each step along the way.
We have been instrumental in successfully resolving numerous employment disputes through negotiation and mediation. We will be your strong advocate throughout the entire process.
We also provide legal services and advice to individual employees in employment matters such as:
- Wrongful dismissal and constructive dismissal lawsuits
- Human rights, discrimination, harassment and duty to accommodate complaints
- Labour Standards Act complaints (including failure to comply with rules about overtime, holiday pay, vacation, pregnancy and parental leave, and other employment standards rules)
- Workers’ compensation (WCB) matters
- Long-term disability benefits claims and issues with insurance companies
- Employment Insurance (EI) and Canada Pension Plan (CPP)
- Independent contracting and consulting
- Review of Employment contracts
- Review of Severance or termination packages
We advise and represent employers. We work as a team with our firm’s corporate and commercial lawyers when necessary to deliver comprehensive solutions. Our team offers pro-active and practical legal advice regarding a number of employment matters, including:
- Drafting employment contracts; confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements; and non-competition agreements
- Employment issues related to business purchase and sale transactions
- Drafting general employment policies and procedures
- Wrongful and constructive dismissal lawsuits
- Human rights and harassment complaints
- Accommodating disabled employees and navigating long term disability claims
- Performance management and discipline
- Limiting risk on terminations and lay-offs
- Enforcing confidentiality and non-competition agreements against departing employees with injunctions
- Employment Standards
- Workers’ Compensation
- Occupational Heath and Safety
- Pay Equity
- Employment Equity
- Privacy and Access to Information